Call Us: 01818-789968


Contact Address and Location of Canada Embassy in Dhaka:

Canadian High Commission is located near Nuton Bazar. It is very close to US embassy. The road is known as Madani Ave or United Nations RD.

High Commission of Canada
United Nations Road
Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
Phone Number.: to 988 7097
Fax: +880 2 882 3043 &
Official Website –

Hours of Operation

Sunday to Wednesday: 08:00 to 16:45
Thursday: 08:00 to 12:30


Canadian Government Holyday

January 01 New Year’s Day
April 14 Pohela Baishak
April 20 Good Friday
April 21 Easter Monday
June 29 Canada Day
August 03 Eid ul-Fitre
August 04 Eid ul-Fitre
October 05 Eid ul-Azha
October 06 Eid ul-Azha
December 25 Christmas Day
December 26 Boxing Day

Visitors of following countries do not require a visa to visit Canada :

– Citizens of Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium,  Brunei, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holy See (holders of a passport or travel document issued by the Holy See), Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (holders of national Israeli passport), Italy, Japan, Korea (Republic of), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania (holders of a biometric passport/e-passport issued by Lithuania), Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Poland (holders of a biometric passport/e-passport issued by Poland), Portugal, Samoa, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan (holders of the ordinary passport issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan that includes their personal identification number).

– British citizens and British overseas citizens – A British citizen or a British overseas citizen who is re-admissible to the United Kingdom.

– British overseas territories, citizens of – A citizen of a British overseas territory who derives their citizenship through birth, descent, registration or naturalization in one of the British overseas territories of Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn, St. Helena or the Turks and Caicos Islands.

– British National (Overseas) – holder of a British National (Overseas) passport issued by the United Kingdom to persons born, naturalized or registered in Hong Kong.

– British Subjects – holder of a British Subject passport issued by the United Kingdom which contains the observation that the holder has the right of abode in the United Kingdom.

– Hong Kong Special Administrative Region – holder of a valid and subsisting Special Administrative Region passport issued by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.

– United States citizens and permanent residents – A United States citizen or a person lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who is in possession of their alien registration card (Green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence.

What documents will be required?
– You must have a valid travel document (such as a passport).
– Two recent passport photos are required. Make sure these photos meet the requirements. For more information on specifications for photographs, see the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.
– Enclose the application fee. Your fee will not be refunded, even if your application is not accepted.
– You must provide proof that you have enough money for your visit to Canada. The amount of money may vary, depending on the circumstances for your visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives. You can get more information from the Canadian visa office in your country or region.
– You may need to include other documents. These documents could be identification cards, proof of employment, a letter of invitation from relatives or friends in Canada, or a proposed itinerary. Check the website of the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information.

Study permit:
1. Proof of acceptance
2. Proof of identity
3. Proof of financial support
4. Letter of explanation
5. TOEFL / IELTS score, if applicable
6. Visa fee to be payable by Bank draft
7. Copies of Academic Mark sheets and Certificates
8. Work Experience Certificates, if applicable

In addition to these documents, you may have to provide other information when you apply for a study permit.

If you are not a citizen of the country where you submit your application, you may have to provide proof of your present immigration status in the country where you apply.

If the government that issued your passport or travel document requires a re-entry permit, you must obtain one before you apply for a Canadian visa. Other documents may also be required.

1. Proof of acceptance
If you plan to attend any school (primary or secondary), college, university or other educational institution in Canada, the school must complete and send you a letter of acceptance. You must include the original letter with your study permit application. You can find a standard letter of acceptance in the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.

2. Proof of identity
You must provide:

– A valid passport (valid for at least one year, from the proposed date of entry into Canada) or travel document for you and each accompanying family member. The passport or travel document must allow you to return to the country that issued it. Citizens and permanent residents of the United States, St. Pierre and Miquelon, and Greenland do not need a passport, but do need proof of status and citizenship, such as a national identity card or an alien registration card.

– Two recent passport-size photos of you and each accompanying family member. The name and date of birth of the person should be written on the back of each photo. You can find information on photo specifications in the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.

3. Proof of financial support
You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who accompany you while you are in Canada. You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:

– proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;
– your bank statements for the past four months;
– a bank draft in convertible currency;
– proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;
– a letter and Income Tax Papers from the person or institution providing you with money;
– proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program. Applicants must demonstrate that they have sufficient liquid assets to pay the tuition fees, living expenses and travelling cost without engaging in employment in Canada. Students must demonstrate that they have at least CAD 10,000 plus the cost of tuition for a twelve-month period, plus the cost of travelling to and from Canada. Even Bank Loans are accepted;